Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday: Day of Reckoning

I've decided that Friday is the day to do my official weigh-in and measurements (especially since tomorrow is splurge day).  That will give me the rest of the week after splurging to equalize and - I hope - decrease some more.

So my official weigh in for today: -3 pounds, total! 

Measurements: -.5 inches (from my waist)

Yay! 

On rereading the slow-carb diet chapter, it came to my attention that I'm theoretically not supposed to do my splurge day until I've been on the diet for at least 5 days.  But Saturday is the best day for me to do it, since it's the one day we usually eat out as a family, so I'm going to maybe be a little moderate and not go completely crazy tomorrow - have it be a semi-splurge day, maybe?  And then continue normally through next week to Saturday.

In exercise news, aside from the tennis I play several days a week, and the weight-lifting I do at the gym two to three times a week, and the push-ups and sit-ups I do at home every other day, I'm going to add Ferriss's recommended kettlebell routine.  I couldn't find a heavy enough one at the store, so I had to order one online (45 pounds).  It should come within the next day or so, and I can get started on that.  I hope that will be as effective as he claims!

No comments:

Post a Comment