Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wednesday - lunch and dinner

For lunch I had leftovers from the tuna/bean salad from dinner, along with some cucumbers.  Here it is:

 I really wanted some crackers or something to go with it - what a habit eating grains is for me!  But I felt pretty satisfied after I ate it, so that was good.

My husband ended up having to work late, so I got a bit peckish as dinner got pushed later than usual.  I had a few bits of toasted seaweed, which I'm assuming is okay to eat.  I like this kind, which has wasabi powder on it - it's spicy!


Our original plan for dinner was salmon, rice, and green beans.  I find it hard to eat big pieces of meat and fish, so I was a bit worried I'd be hungry with just fish and vegetables.  So I made a quick batch of soup with black beans and vegetables.  I was surprised by how much my kids enjoyed the soup - I have a feeling they'll be eating more vegetables than usual as this diet progresses.

 I forgot to take a picture, but I actually had thirds of the soup.


Here's the salmon (sideways, sorry).  I've never been a big meat eater - that's about as much as I can take in a single meal.  I do love beans, though, so that is going to help.


All in all, it wasn't too bad.  And I have to say, it was lovely to eat until I was full, for a change.  And I wasn't hungry at all for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment