Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday

I weighed myself this morning, and I've lost 1.5 pounds since Tuesday.  I can't get my hopes up too far at this point, because I can fluctuate so much with my weight from day to day - two to three pounds from one day to the next isn't uncommon. 

I had a bit of a problem as far as breakfast was concerned, though.  I had a breakfast date with some friends, but I couldn't meet them till I dropped the kids off at school.  So I made some turkey bacon and had three slices of that, hoping it would be enough to jump-start my metabolism.  For the rest of breakfast , which I ate about an hour and a half after waking up - and I was terrible today about remembering to take photos - I ordered an omelet - a Greek omelet without cheese.  It was pretty bad - I should have just gone for scrambled eggs.  The tomatoes were winter pale and tasteless, and the olives were the bland, sliced kind from cans.  It was rough not having any potatoes, grits or toast - things I love love love!  But I sucked it up and ate my nasty omelet - the company was good!  And it stuck with me - I didn't get any lunch till 3, and while I ate a few carrots between times, I wasn't all that hungry. 


I keep saying I wasn't hungry and being happy about it, but I should say what I really mean is that I felt okay.  I didn't feel grumpy and drained the way I get when I haven't eaten recently.  This is a good thing - I hate feeling that way.
For lunch I had a pretty good salad - leftover salmon from last night, mixed with baby spinach and baby greens, great northern beans and avocado, with a mustard vinaigrette dressing.  I had more carrots to eat, but I ended up giving them to a friend because I was so stuffed!  I just drank water, my usual beverage.

We had another rushed evening - yet another evening school event.  The original plan was to reheat the enchiladas from Monday night, so I did that for everyone but me.  I made some more soup, with beans and tomatoes and onions, and I ate that, and we all had some sauteed spinach.  Things were so rushed that I forgot all about taking photos, but I ate two bowls of soup and had a glass of wine.  All in all, while it's not the best food ever, it's not too bad, and I do feel satisfied.  I also am feeling really good - upbeat and energetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment