Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dinner on Thursday - the first "Slow Carb" meal


It was kind of a rushed night because one of the kids had an evening event.  My original plan had been to reheat some leftover pasta, which was fine for everyone but me.  I ended up making a salad that I used to eat a lot when I lived in Italy: great northern beans, onions, olives, tuna, olive oil, a little garlic, a little vinegar.  So I ate a couple of helpings of that and some sauteed fresh baby spinach. 

The first helping is at the top; the second one is below.  The plate is actually a salad plate, since our regular dinner plates are so big I think it makes me take larger portions, so we've gotten in the habit of using the smaller plates as dinner plates.  Not that it matters with this diet, I guess.  It wasn't the best meal ever - I think that if I'd planned for this diet I would have shopped differently last weekend.  But it wasn't bad - and the wine sure helped make it palatable.

They had a bunch of soda and desserts after the event last night, but I have to say I felt pretty full and just didn't look at the spread.  I had a cup of water and chatted with people, and it wasn't really so bad because I honestly wasn't hungry.  In fact, I felt perfectly satisfied, hunger-wise, all through the evening and didn't really think about snacking after we got home and sat down to watch a movie, which is kind of unusual for me, now that I think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment